Ok, so today was my second attempt at mastering this delicious recipe and it’s safe to say they turned out great! It’s a pretty simple recipe when you know how, but just getting the marble/swirl effect on top is something I need to work on!
So here’s the ingredients and details of what you need to do!
2 large eggs
1/2 cup unsalted butter (I used salted)
200g granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
32g cocoa powder
1 pinch of of salt
1 tablespoon of liquid or gel red food colouring
3/4 teaspoon white vinegar
95g all-purpose flour (self-raising)
224g cream cheese, softened
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Butter a baking pan and set aside.
- To make the brownie layer, beat 2 eggs together in a small bowl and put to one side.
- Melt the butter in a microwavable bowl, checking every 30 seconds until melted.
- In this order, stir in 1 cup of sugar, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, the cocoa powder, salt, food colouring and vinegar (with the butter).
- Whisk in the eggs.
- Fold in the flour.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan, leaving about 3 to 4 tablespoons for the top.
- To make the cheesecake swirl, beat the softened cream cheese with 1/4 cup sugar, an egg yolk, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in a medium bowl until completely smooth.
- Drop spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture on top of the prepared brownie batter.
- Cover with the last few tablespoons of brownie batter. Glide a skewer through the layers, creating a swirl pattern.
- Bake the brownies for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before cutting and serving.
I had help licking the bowl and spatula afterwards from our little lady. She really enjoyed it, as did I!
Thanks to Vogue Magazine for introducing me to this amazing recipe. I’m gonna have to visit Bunny Little’s Bakery next time I’m in London!
(Recipe credit – Bunny Little’s Bakery)